Welcome to Plano
Plano was recognized as the happiest city in America (according to a study conducted in 2019 by WalletHub); and a population of 283,000+ certainly attests to the booming metropolis’s wide appeal. Its plethora of newly developed centers and attractions pulls in families and young career starters. A strong demographic of educated, upwardly-mobile professionals is drawn to Plano’s vibrant atmosphere and abundant opportunities for leisure and socializing. Situated north of the President George Bush Turnpike and south of Highway 121, with the Dallas North Tollway and 75 Central Expressway running through it, Plano has convenient transit options in all directions. Many Fortune 1000 companies and major private employers are headquartered in Plano, including Toyota, Bank of America, Cinemark, Frito-Lay, Pizza Hut, Keurig Dr. Pepper, J.C. Penny, FedEx, and more. Plano boasts a variety of aesthetic, modern spaces ideal for relaxation and entertainment alike.
What to Love
Shopping & Dinning:
- The Shops at Legacy - outdoor urban plaza featuring upscale retailers and award-winning restaurants spanning the north and south side of Legacy, east of North Dallas Tollway.
- Legacy West - the newest & development in west Plano incorporates luxury high-rise condos, Windrose Tower, on the north side to the Renaissance Hotel on the south end with 30+ retailers, 20+ restaurants as well as Legacy Hall. Closely located to several corporate headquarters nearby.
- The Shops at Willow Bend - mid-range shopping mall with three anchor stores and more than 125 other shops, Equinox Fitness and newly complete upscale food court.
- Collin Creek Mall - undergoing a nearly $1 billion renovation over the next few years, with plans for an open design and large outdoor promenade
- 1,000+ restaurants
- Oak Point Park & Nature Preserve - 800 acres of outdoor oasis boasting 3.5 miles of concrete paths and 5 miles of soft-surface trails for walking, biking, and hiking
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve - 200-acre park with several miles of both paved and unpaved trails
- Bob Woodruff Park - community park featuring a playground, sand-volleyball court, fishing pier, and some hard-surface trails
- Preston Ridge Trail - 6.3 miles of fully-paved multi-use trail linking the Fretz, Salado, and Campbell Green Parks
- Downtown Plano - unique community of galleries, performing arts, and event venues—all amidst historic buildings and Haggard Park
- Plano Balloon Festival - fun for all ages, including a breathtaking hot air balloon display, races & fun runs, and a firework show every September
- Crayola Experience - one-of-a-kind interactive adventure for children and families, 60,000 square feet of wonder located in the Shops at Willow Bend
- Heritage Farmstead Museum - historically rich agricultural site
- Legacy Hall - indoor/outdoor destination featuring live music, craft beer & cocktails, and 24 artisan food stalls run by local chefs
Infrastructure & Other:
- Legacy Central - strategically designed indoor/outdoor campus that facilitates professional collaboration, promotes health & wellness, and inspires creativity
- Legacy West - 250-acre business and cultural district with coveted residential and retail spaces
- Four major hospitals: Texas Health, Baylor, Medical City and Children’s Hospital.
- Plano Station D.A.R.T. Rail - provides easy access to Downtown Dallas
- More than 53,000 students are enrolled in Plano’s top-rated Independent School District, made up of grades Pre-K through 12th.
- 44 Elementary, 13 Middle, 6 High Schools (9-10th grades), 3 Sr. High Schools
- The U.S. Department of Education has awarded 23 P.I.S.D. schools the National Blue Ribbon of Excellence.