Welcome to North Dallas
North Dallas is nestled between Preston Hollow and Plano, with Carrollton and Richardson to the east and west respectively; beyond I-635 lies far North Dallas, which extends to the President George Bush Turnpike. This area was first developed in the 1970s and ‘80s, but the value and style of homes varies widely. Although comprised of many distinct communities, the North Dallas Neighborhood Alliance fosters some cohesion. Offering a wide array of attractions at the heart of North Dallas, Addison is truly a city within a city. It is known as the Restaurant Capital of the U.S., with more than 180 dining options. Easy access to the Dallas North Tollway and 75 Central Expressway allows for convenient navigation throughout the city and into adjacent suburbs.
What to Love
Shopping & Dinning:
- Galleria Dallas - multi-story shopping mall featuring a variety of restaurants and an indoor ice-skating rink
- Village on the Parkway - shopping center with retail outlets, eateries, a movie theater, spa, and fitness facilities
- Dallas Midtown - The $4 Billion renovation is located where Valley View mall use to sit, and is bordered by 635, Preston & North Dallas Tollway, providing a mixed use development in an urban atmosphere within the heart of North Dallas.
Entertainment & Leisure:
- Grand Spa - Day and Med Spa is the perfect place to rejuvenate and relax
- LOOK Cinemas - Gourmet dine-in theater with plush accommodations
- Country Clubs and Golf Courses - Bent Tree, Northwood, Brookhaven, Prestonwood, Preston Trail Golf Courses and Clubs.
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum - aviation museum devoted to maintaining and displaying historically-significant, vintage aircraft
- Vitruvian Park - upscale residential development in Addison boasting a pedestrian lifestyle with convenient recreation and retail options
- WaterTower Theatre - one of the flagship arts institutions in North Texas
- Lively Night Life - Addison Improv Comedy Club for stand-up comedy performers, and Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar featuring specialty cocktails and a singing waitstaff
- Outdoor Concerts and Festivals
- Part of the so-called private school corridor runs through North Dallas. Several prestigious schools like Parish, Greenhill, Jesuit, and Trinity Christian Academy occupy the area.
- Most North Dallas public schools fall within the Dallas and Richardson Independent Schools Districts, but a few belong to Plano I.S.D.